Tuesday 7 November 2023

Resignation

 Haha, one of my recurring traits is that when I encounter inconvenience in my job, I often start searching for new opportunities and seek a better position. Today is one of those days, and I'm currently contemplating drafting my resignation letter to be prepared and hopeful for a brighter future. I'm definitely more than ready for a change, but I also want to ensure that everything aligns in my favor when I decide to make the leap.

My current job is among the best experiences I've had. I've learned so much, even discovering that I can accomplish things I never thought possible. I'm naturally introverted and shy, with a fear of speaking in front of large crowds. However, thanks to this job and the pressure it brings, I've been able to overcome those fears and realize that I can indeed handle it.

I'm eternally grateful to the company that initially accepted and placed trust in me. I've witnessed the growth of this company, even though I wasn't there from the very beginning and didn't witness every milestone. As much as I'd like to continue with the company, there's one aspect that I find extremely challenging, and that's my Sales Director. I feel that he tends to patronize each of us, or perhaps it's just his way of asserting his superiority. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of his leadership style.

From the outset, he hasn't been very direct with me. I recall an instance when I first joined, he was discussing something in the group chat that seemed directed at me, but instead, he addressed the message to someone else, making me feel as though I didn't exist. There have been numerous instances where his actions have left a sour taste in my mouth. While he did offer compliments in the past, I now feel like all the effort I've put into the company is going to waste.

I don't see him as an effective leader, and his sarcasm and unapproachability have made it even more challenging for me. Nevertheless, I apologize for my rant. Hopefully, when I look back on this journal, I'll be in a different place, far from the Maldives. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts

My boss returned from his business trip, and I can't help but feel a bit gloomy whenever he's around. It's like a dark cloud fol...