Monday 30 October 2023

Talkative

 I have this one colleague who talks excessively every day. He keeps talking to me, even when I'm busy or not really in the mood for small talk. He opens topics that I find uninteresting, like his family, the food he's eaten, what he does, and more topics you can think of. I'm naturally passive when it comes to communication and talking because I find it challenging to think of the right words to use when speaking in English, and it's mentally exhausting to compose sentences in my mind. Hahaha.

I simply prefer to focus on my own tasks without being interrupted, just as I never initiate a conversation with them. I've constantly struggled when this person sits in front of me. I don't want to be rude and completely ignore him, but I do tend to have a rather neutral expression on my face to subtly convey that I'm not particularly interested. However, it seems this person is oblivious to these cues and continues talking.

Sometimes I wonder if he has a fixation on excessive talking, perhaps stemming from some form of neglect during his early years that might explain why he behaves this way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts

My boss returned from his business trip, and I can't help but feel a bit gloomy whenever he's around. It's like a dark cloud fol...