Tuesday 21 November 2023

Expectations

Had lunch with Sasa today and, oops, spilled way too much about work—my stress, wanting to quit, even some not-so-great thoughts about my boss. I'm kind of kicking myself, not 'cause I don't trust Sasa, just maybe because I hit overshare mode too fast. Appreciated her advice, but maybe I should've eased into it.

And then, without thinking, I ended up telling Shah how down I've been and how I'm thinking of resigning. It hit me; we're not that close, and maybe I shouldn't have laid it all out like that. Seems I have this thing where I overshare my feelings, looking for validation, which isn't the best move. The cherry on top? No reply from Shah. Pretty embarrassing, and he could've at least said something.

Guess I need to slow down a bit and think before I spill the beans.

anywayat least something exciting happened today! My manager signed my Certificate of Employment (COE) for my US Visa application. However, the day was still marked by a cold attitude from my boss, which I didn't appreciate. Honestly, it's disheartening to experience such treatment as an employee, but I suppose that's just the way it is.

Life seems to be filled with expectations from others, and sometimes, I find myself expecting a lot from myself as well

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts

My boss returned from his business trip, and I can't help but feel a bit gloomy whenever he's around. It's like a dark cloud fol...